Friday, June 25, 2010

Jenna’s cupcake blog- take 1

Hey everyone. So I’m the office baker here at Glassnote., I try my best to make cupcakes for everyone's’ birthdays. Its not always possible.. but I try. I figured if I’m going to be baking all of these delicious treats I should share my recipes with you, the Glassnote blog readers! I’m starting with the yummy cupcakes I made for YiPei’s birthday a few weeks ago, Vanilla bean cupcakes with fresh blueberries, frosted with Vanilla bean rose water buttercream. I have to say this might go down as one of my favorite cupcake recipes ever. I got the recipe from one of my favorite baking blogs, Joy The Baker

Heres how to make them:
(makes 24 cupcakes)

-
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure that everything is well mixed. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition.
In a small bowl whisk together flour baking powder and salt.
In a separate small bowl combine the milk, vanilla extract and vanilla seeds.
With the mixer on low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk mixture in three batches. Start and end with the flour mixture.
Spoon the batter into cupcake pans and drop in fresh blueberries onto each filled cupcake cup
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a pale golden color, and a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.

Vanilla bean,
Rose Water buttercream

1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks)
2 boxes of confectionary sugar
1 vanilla bean
2 Tbs vanilla extract
1 Tbs rosewater

Cream butter until smooth
Add in powdered sugar until the frosting hits a good consistency
Add vanilla bean, vanilla extract and rose water

Frost and add fresh berries to each cupcake!

Heres how mine turned out!:
Photobucket

-Jenna

1 comment:

  1. Yummy...those look dangerous ;-) We have an amazing office baker too!

    Here is her blog:

    http://www.serialbaker.com

    Cheers!

    Kevin English

    ReplyDelete